Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Happy Trails

Like it or not, you're on a trail today.  The good news is you have one choice even if you can't control which way you're headed.  That choice is happiness.  Look around.  What do you see?  Who else is on the trail with you?  Are you so focused on the destination that you're forgetting to savor the view?

The trail you see pictured on the left was shot a couple of days ago on a day hike at Lake Iowa with Mrs. Caveman.  It was one of the most picturesque days of our Midwest summer.  The temperature couldn't have been any more ideal.  I was surprised only a few people were taking advantage of this amazing place.  The same thing happened late in the day yesterday when our daughter asked us to go hiking in the Amana Colonies not far from our home.  We were the only people on the trail.  I'm one of the lucky ones.  All my adventures are happy trails, even the ones filled with challenges.  I have some steep hikes ahead.  The mountains won't be easy to climb.  The air may be thin.  Temperatures will fall below freezing.  The one thing I can assure you of is that I will choose to be happy on every trail and I will always be grateful I'm healthy enough to keep walking.  Choose happiness.  And take a hike. Have a great day.  Happy trails!

No comments: