Monday, August 1, 2016

I'm Cleared for Surgery on 8/08


8/08 is one week away and it's going to be my most memorable one ever.  I have a date with Davinci, the robot my surgeon is manning to repair my groin hernia.  Mrs. Caveman is a little nervous because I'm pushing my body really hard in the final days leading up to the surgery.  My tennis team is traveling to Oklahoma City for the next round of tennis playoffs and we will be playing a lot of tennis in extreme weather conditions this weekend.  I probably won't be home until about eight hours from surgery.

The people I work with at my day job are asking what I'm going to be doing during my time off for recovery after the surgery.  I may be flat on my back but I'll be just as busy putting my next book together.  The release date is exactly nine months from today.  There's so much to do but I'm not stressing.  The key is to break everything down into a three trimester plan and then execute the plan, one day at a time, one chapter at a time.  I set up my outline yesterday once I discovered I was pregnant with my third book.  My surgeon may have a challenge navigating around my little baby while he completes repairs to my body but I'm going to tell him not to worry – this next book isn't in my belly, it's in my heart.  My heart goes out to all the people struggling with bigger issues than outpatient surgery for a hernia.  I'm writing this next book to inspire others to make changes in their lives that may prevent bigger problems like cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, strokes and heart attacks.  I'll be thinking about how Children's Hospital will use the proceeds from this next book to help sick kids.  Yes, there's much to do in the next nine months and I'm not slowing down, not even during recovery time.  Thanks for accompanying me on the journey.  Have a great day.

No comments: