Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I'm Feeling Sparky Today


Mrs. Caveman calls me Sparky.  The nickname reflects how I feel on the inside today – lively and energetic.  I'm headed to Oklahoma City this afternoon for a Midwest regional tennis tournament.  The weather forecast calls for highs of 100º throughout the playoffs.  My time growing up in Arizona in the Valley of the Sun prepared me well for what's ahead this weekend.  My high school buddies at SHS gave me another nickname that's still appropriate nearly four decades later – Miguelito Saltón, meaning "little Mike jumping."  A tiny voice inside my head will be whispering on the courts, "fly like an eagle, Sparky, fly."  My legs may be 56 years old but my heart never ages and I'm ready for a memorable weekend.

Enjoy your week and stay cool.  I'll be back in touch Tuesday.  I need to meet with Davinci for outpatient surgery to repair a groin hernia on Monday, 8/08 after we finish our matches in Oklahoma City.  I'll let you know if I'm still feeling Sparky after my date with Davinci.  Have a great day.  ¡Adios amigos!  Sparky out.


No comments: