Sunday, August 14, 2016

Why Writing a Book is Like Having a Baby


I'll never forget the moment my wife told me she was pregnant.  Everything changed.  That was a quarter of a century ago.  All three of her pregnancies were unique.  I don't know how we got everything ready in the nine short months leading up to delivery.  The same is true when you're creating something new, like a book.  I'm treating my next book as if it's a new member of our family so we can be better prepared for what's ahead.

Every child who comes into this world has a special purpose.  It's up to the parents to help their children discover what that purpose is.  For writers, books are extensions of themselves.  It's a way to share their hearts and souls in the stories they create.  That's how I feel with my next book.  My hope is that my little baby helps others have a better life.  Stay tuned.  There's more to this story.  I'm only fourteen days into my first trimester and I'm still discovering all the similarities between writing and parenting.  Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

No comments: