Thursday, January 5, 2017

Caveman 45 Day Food Challenge


I'm posting the Caveman 45 Day Food Challenge in response to requests from my FB friends who viewed yesterday's smoothie video.  For those who aren't aware of how the challenge started, my cousin, Dr. John Mulligan, asked me to be his lab rat for 45 days in order to pinpoint why my blood pressure readings were off the charts.  I was headed to the emergency room because Mama Caveman and Mrs. Caveman were afraid I was going to have a heart attack or stroke.  My cousin knew if he didn't cut me off at that moment that I would forever be a prisoner to the pills most doctors offer as permission slips to eat all the wrong foods.  My cousin was right about my blood pressure readings – they were a symptom of something else many in my age group suffer from – inflammation.  Within 72 hours my blood pressure dropped out of the danger zone.  The icing on the cake was the weight loss, almost entirely body fat, enough to fill three-and-a-half ten pound sacks of potatoes.   Unlike fad diets, this weight loss is permanent.  Why?  Because I eat the way we are supposed to eat – no processed foods, fast foods, dairy, bread or other man-made ingredients.  I eat like a caveman and I challenge you to the the same for 45 days and see what happens.  Here goes:

Caveman 45 Day Food Challenge
  • NO processed foods.
  • NO foods packaged in labels with ingredients you can't pronounce.
  • NO alcohol unless it's wine, up to two glasses per day.
  • Limit all food to fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Walk as much as you can.
Once the 45 days is up, introduce other foods in small quantities and see how your body responds.  Maintain 90% of the eating habits you developed in the first 45 days and have a great life.  Red meat is okay up to 8 ounces once in a while.  Fish and chicken are okay, too.  Stay away from dairy.  That's it.  Let me know how this works for you.

No comments: