Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Do You Have Enough?


Goldilocks explained it best when she talked about her porridge being too hot, too cold and just right; and the bed being too hard, too soft and just right.  What you have in life can be viewed as too much, not enough or just right.  It's all in the eye of the beholder.  It's taken me a lifetime to finally get it "just right."  Early in my career I had this nagging feeling I was living in the "not enough" category so I piled on the hours and stored up assets in order to one day "have enough."

Nearly five years ago the Goldilocks in my life looked around at our surroundings and said, "it's beautiful here in Southern California but it's too far from my family, I want to go home."  We decided to sell everything and move to the Midwest.  That's when I realized I had "too much."  We both let go of a lot of "things."  I wondered if I would have enough to get by.  As I reflect on my life five years later, I find myself living a real life fairy tale with my Goldilocks and our three bears.  We have enough friends to spend our time with.  We have enough money to pay our bills.  We have enough, just like Isaiah explains in this verse below.  I hope you always have enough.  Have a great day.

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

No comments: