Tuesday, January 17, 2017

What an Odd Year We're Experiencing

"I'm supposed to root for the Chargers next year?  Say what?"

Nope. I'm not gonna go there.  I know the door's wide open but I refuse to write about politics, other than to say our world is about to be shaken up big time later this week.  Our political world isn't the only one going through upheaval.  Take a look at what's going on in the world of football.  My favorite rivalry is the Raiders vs. the Chargers.  It got so intense that I refused to buy tickets to these games for personal safety reasons.  The weirdness won't stop.  The Chargers are moving out of town to a soccer field in LA and the Raiders are relocating to Vegas.  As John McEnroe would say, "You cannot be serious!"

Odd year or not, I'm counting my blessings.  They tend to be more lopsided in the odd years.  My odd-year good luck streak began in '87 when I met my wife.  We married in '89 and had three kids in '91, '93 and '95.  My first business venture hatched in '05 and my first book was birthed on St. Patrick's Day, 2011.  The second semester of my latest book writing adventure is almost over and it looks like the due date of 5/1 will keep the odd years memorable.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.

No comments: