Friday, February 10, 2017

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Mrs. Caveman and me with special relatives.

Twenty-eight years ago I got a phone call from my aunt Helen, pictured in the center of row one above with her husband, uncle Harry on the left, and my cousin John on the right, the creator of the Caveman Food Experiment that saved my life.  "Harry and I want to crash your wedding," she said after learning we were getting married in Iowa, not far from where her husband's relatives live.  She's the original Helen in my family.  Next to Mrs. Caveman and me in row two is my aunt Teresa and her son John's wife, Darlyn.  These relatives never seem to age.  I still can't believe my aunt Teresa just celebrated her 80th birthday.

I rarely post pictures of family for privacy reasons but I just couldn't pass on this opportunity to share a photo of loved ones who bring me so much joy.  Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I'm so thankful they're always in my heart, no matter how many miles apart we may be geographically.

I'm officially back in the basement of my cave today where I will spend the next four days working on my next book project scheduled for release on May 1.  Vacation photos like the one above will keep the chill out of the air and a smile on my face.  I thank God for blessing me with the best family ever.  Have a great day.

No comments: