Monday, February 6, 2017

Why Mrs. Caveman and I Travel Lite


There's a reason we cram one week's of belongings into one solo carry-on bag on our travels, we are frugalites who refuse to fork over more than we need to get from point A to point B.  Missy, the passenger joining us in row 37, summarized our sentiments best when she said, "sitting in the last row of the plane is fine with me as long as I don't get nickel and dimed for all the upgrades Allegiant offers."  I could barely hear her over the roar of the engines located just outside our windowless seats that don't recline.  We gave her a thumbs up.  The one perk we did indulge in was the wine, a California Merlot we purchased to celebrate our luck for getting two seats together, another upgrade fee we declined.  I find it ironic that passengers pay extra to board early just to sit on the plane longer and watch all the fruglites like me and Mrs. Caveman board just in time for take-off.

By the way, I'm in Point B just long enough to see Mama Bear and my well-tanned siblings who reside in the Valley of the Sun year-round and to replenish my vitamin D levels before returning to my cave to finish my next book, scheduled for release on May 1.  I'll be able to respond to your emails when I return home later in the week.  Have a great day.

No comments: