Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Please Welcome My Uncle Mike Rupcich to CMN

You met his wife, Marcie, yesterday.  My uncle Mike (Rupcich) is the other half of an extraordinary couple I look up to.  My earliest memory of my uncle was watching him on TV in game 7 of the College World Series when he was called in to pinch hit in the bottom of the 9th with two out, bases loaded and his team, Arizona State, down a run.  The lesson I learned from observing him over the years is you hold your head high no matter what happens in important situations.  My uncle played a major role shaping the lives of countless student athletes during his twenty-six seasons as an assistant coach in Fresno.  Here's a link to an interview with my hero.

Thank you, Uncle Mike, for being a great mentor and role model and for inspiring me to always give my best.  By the way, your college room-mate will be featured tomorrow as the next honorary member of the Children's Miracle Network.  Have a great day.

No comments: