Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Cinco de Mayo Test Results Confirm Caveman Food Experiment a Long-term Success


My primary care physician told me I'm the poster child for good health.  I visited him last week for my annual physical and he ordered some blood tests.  My HDL (good) cholesterol is higher than ever at 69 and my triglycerides are down 68% from the pre-caveman high of 244.   These numbers are important because they reveal what's going on inside the body and predict the level of risk for heart attacks, stroke and other diseases.  I was in the danger zone with three strikes against me prior to entering the caveman food experiment.  It's been 20 months since I became the first lab rat and I feel like a million bucks.  The other lab rats are shedding pounds as well.  I'm happy to report that one of the volunteers who is being monitored by his physician during the experiment is now down to just one blood pressure medicine because his body is responding favorably to the caveman food lifestyle.

If your doctor isn't happy with your lipid panel readings or you feel like your belly isn't ready for a poolside appearance this summer, here's the Reader's Digest version of the 45-day Caveman Food Experiment:

  • Stop eating all processed foods
  • Cut out all alcohol except for up to 2 glasses of wine per day
  • If you see a label on your food package, don't eat it unless all the ingredients are natural
  • No pop allowed
  • No dairy allowed
  • Avoid flour
  • Eat as much fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds as you desire
  • Weigh yourself daily and track your results
  • Visit your doctor after 45 days and order a blood test to see your results
Please notify your doctor of your intentions to try this experiment before you begin and do this under your doctor's supervision.  It's possible your needs for prescription pills may change.  I'll be sharing more about my journey to better health soon and there will some fun recipes to try.  Have a great day.

No comments: