Wednesday, May 17, 2017

How I Changed My Food Misconceptions


Just because something tastes good, it doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy for you.  In fact, the people who package your food intentionally add ingredients so you will come back for seconds.  No wonder so many of us are addicted to the foods we eat.  The misconceptions spinning around in my head about food were contributing to my oversized belly and I needed a fresh start.  I emptied my fridge and pantry of all processed foods and gave the caveman food experiment a try for 45 days.

Healthy eating doesn't have to be science fiction.  It certainly doesn't need to be a mystery.  I believe it can be an adventure if you approach it with the right mindset.  And you can keep your friends in suspense if you don't spill the beans about your food secrets to losing weight so quickly.

Everyone has their own ideas about what's healthy and what's not.  Trust the skinny people.  Ask them how they eat.  Look for patterns.  Give the caveman food experiment a try for 45 days and see for yourself which foods agree with you and which don't.  You can't go wrong with fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  After 45 days, add one new food at a time and see how your body responds.  Have a great day.

No comments: