Thursday, May 11, 2017

When Birthing a Book Gets Complicated


Today is the 11th day my book is overdue.  Although the gestation period for a book varies from author to author, I really thought I could force my due date since I'm publishing independently.  It doesn't work that way, especially when complications arise.  Ask any writer what his or her greatest fear is and most likely the answer you will hear is fear of rejection.  In fact, most books never make it to full term because of rejection.  I have a different challenge.  My unborn baby is malnourished and needs intensive care.  I'm going through an editing and re-writing process and I really don't know how long it will take to do it right.  My most precious resource is time and I'm doing my best to manage it wisely so this book can be born soon.  Thank you for your patience.

No comments: