Saturday, May 6, 2017

When the Wheels Fall Off the Bus


I know how it feels when the wheels fall off your bus.  It hurts more when you time everything to the minute and then something unexpected or unplanned derails your timeline.  I'm still a big believer in time targets even though I missed my book release date by a wide margin.  What happens next is also what separates the winners from the losers.  I see an image of astronaut Steve Austin in my mind, played by Lee Majors in the Six Million Dollar Man.  He's doing his best to hold everything together but he crashes and burns.  The doctors claim they can rebuild him and make him stronger and better.  If you have no clue what I'm referring to, click here for the YouTube intro clip.  That's what I'm doing now with my book.  I'm rewriting chapters and enhancing the limbs with bionic parts.

I'm playing in my last regular season tennis match today.  Post season is next month and two of the three teams I'm playing on are undefeated and moving forward.  If all goes well, we're headed to the regional playoff matches in August and September.  There won't be any opportunities for book signings or author talks until after our busy season at my day job.  I'm slowing down with my writing in order to get the editing right and also maintain my sanity.  Have a great day.


No comments: