Saturday, June 10, 2017

Move Over, Napoleon – We're Invading Waterloo Today


There are rumors we drive on the right side of the road because Napoleon wanted the upper hand against his mostly right-handed opponents.  I don't have any evidence to support the rumor that Napoleon was a lefty, however, I do believe my left-handedness will be an asset this morning when our team plays for the state championships.  In fact, there are a couple of lefties on my team who love to shake things up in a mostly right-handed world.  My team-mates enjoy playing against us in order to prepare for future opponents who go against the grain.

I'm hoping my season won't end as Napoleon's did in Waterloo.  We may not be fighting with swords, but we each have our favorite tennis weapons.  Wilson will be at my side and he's sporting some new strings I've been experimenting with.  I need all the help I can to win our battle in Waterloo today.  Have a great day.

No comments: