Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Happy Wednesday


This blog message, like the other Monday thru Friday messages this week, has been prerecorded so I can complete my temporary out-of-state assignment without missing my daily connection to you.  I'm sitting in my walkout basement right now with my loyal companion, Roxy, a six pound Chihuahua from Mexico, while my wife is upstairs washing the dishes.  She's cranking up the volume on my Best of Styx CD, a gift one of my sisters gave me for my birthday last month.  Fooling Yourself is blaring.  This was my go to song I played in my bedroom as a teenager.  Forty years later, the music still inspires me.  The one thing that's changed since I first heard this song is I managed to let go of all my anger.

The next song just came on – Show me the Way.  "Give me the strength and the courage to get there some day", the lyrics plea.  And that's what I'm asking for right now.  There's so much work to be done on this Happy Wednesday.  Song 3 is playing now – Renegade.  "Hangman is coming from the gallows and I don't have very long."  It's time to close out this story and complete the "honey do" list before I depart in the morning.  It's only appropriate that the final song playing during this message is Come Sail Away.  "A gathering of angels appeared above my head.  They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said, 'come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me.'"

Sail on, amigo.  Have a happy Wednesday.  And if your anger is anchoring you, cut it now.  It's time to come sail away.

No comments: