Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I'm a Lab Rat for a Bone and Joint Study


When researchers sent out a notice seeking volunteers for a two year bone and joint study, I decided to become a lab rat.  They want to learn how physical activities and other factors affect the health of your bones and joints, specifically related to the knee.  I'm especially curious because I'm on concrete eight hours per day, I play competitive tennis and I don't consume dairy.  Most people give me a funny look when I share my daily routine with them.  Some think I'm going to have health issues related to my food choices.  The one thing I know for sure is that becoming a lab rat for my cousin's food experiment saved my life.  I'm willing to go through another round of experiments in order to help researchers learn more about our bones and joints.  Stay tuned for progress reports.  The final results will be available in published reports.  Have a great day and don't forget to bend your knees.

No comments: