Tuesday, August 8, 2017

What a Difference a Year Makes


One year ago today on 8/08 at 8:08 AM I was headed into surgery to repair a sports related inguinal hernia.  I had a date with Davinci, a robot my surgeon used to restore my health.  I promised my teammates I would be back for another shot at the regional championships after we came up short in the regional tournament that ended the day before my surgery..  I feel stronger than ever now, thanks to Dr. Nicholas Kuiper.  I would also like to give credit to my teammates.  They pushed me hard this last year.  We are departing tomorrow for Oklahoma for another shot at the Midwest championships.  Keep us in your prayers.  The conditions will be challenging and the competition will be the best we've ever faced.  In order to win it all, we will need to find a way to get past the Iowa team that edged us out in the state championships.  There are 8 teams vying for a spot in the national competition to be held in Surprise, Arizona in October.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.

No comments: