Monday, October 9, 2017

What's in the Mulligan Playbook?


I'm sharing my playbook with you today because it's the simplest way I know to update you on my latest project.  In its current form, the playbook is filled with fumbles, interceptions, missed deadlines and a whole lot of chaos.  That's what happens when there's so much pressure on the X's and the O's that they fail to execute.  A similar thing happened in 1939 when Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel was published during the Great Depression.  Mike Mulligan focused so much on the clock that he forgot to leave a way out for his beloved steam shovel.  Poor Mary Anne had no way out when Mike's project was completed.  That's like publishing a book before the editing is complete.

The O's on my team are all volunteers.  They signed up because they're seeking improved health.  Our laboratory is the real world which means conflict.  The opponent often calls timeout at the most inopportune times and offers soft drinks and other banned food items to my team.  I can't blame the lab rats – they're human.  My best solution is to modify the playbook and keep it simple so all the volunteers can reach their goals.  I need to add winning recipes based on proven ingredients and inspire my team to find the end zone without dropping the ball.  And this Mike Mulligan is going to make sure everybody gets out of the stadium when the revised playbook is ready for prime time viewing.  Thank you for your patience.  Have a great day.

No comments: