Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Holy Spirit Thaws Brain Freeze


Doctor McCoy's alien helmet supplied him with everything he needed to conduct a live-saving  operation on his friend, Spock, a feat that was outside the scope of his own knowledge and training.  That "hallelujah moment" the doctor experienced in Star Trek is remarkably similar to how I feel when I receive "flashes of light" that seem to appear out of nowhere.  Spock would describe these flashes as "fascinating."

My wife sent me a text message yesterday after she arrived at work... -25º when I left the house. 

Writer's block can strike at any moment.  It's especially challenging for those with limited training or experience like me.  The good news is my brain freeze appears to be thawing and Mother Nature can't stop me no matter how much force she exerts.  I have all I need to complete my work.  When Jesus said, "Behold, I make all things new," he accomplished it through his own version of an alien helmet, aka the Holy Spirit.  If you're in the middle of a brain freeze, ask Jesus to send you the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Other people may think you're crazy, but don't worry about others.  And remember to say thank you.  Have a great day.

No comments: