Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Writing in the Twilight Zone


Ernest Hemingway said, "The only kind of writing is rewriting."  He also said he rewrote A Farewell to Arms thirty-nine times before he was satisfied.  So, I ask myself, "How in the hell am I ever going to break free of the Twilight Zone I'm in with this overdue book?"

The answer appears to be in the latest batch of lab rats who volunteered to participate in the Caveman Food Experiment.  Yes, it's true I had no idea my writing pregnancy would span two years or that it would include sextuplets!  My way out of the Twilight Zone is for these latest generation lab rats to deliver me from my writing purgatory.  Every word will be written, tossed in the trash, rewritten, and revised multiple times before I finally break free.  The good news is they're experiencing success.  It looks like this episode of the the Twilight Zone is finally going to come to a conclusion.  Have a great day.

No comments: